FLIR One Pro - Tips & Tricks
Ever since it launched, the FLIR ONE Pro has proven to be a game changer for thermal imaging. Now for a very affordable investment, you can find invisible problems faster than ever. Whether you're inspecting electrical panels, troubleshooting mechanical systems, looking for HVAC problems, or finding water damage.
Here you will find all the information you need to get started, including helpful tips and videos. If you need assistance with your FLIR One Pro, or any other products, please contact us and we will be more than happy to help.
Quick Start Guide
Charge the FLIR ONE Pro with the included USB-C power cable connected to a 1A power source. The Charge Indicator LED next to the USB-C connection blinks on and off while the FLIR ONE Pro is charging and stays on continuously when it is fully charged. It will take about an hour to completely charge your FLIR ONE Pro. Ensure the FLIR ONE Pro is fully charged before using it the first time. Note: The power cable for the iPhone (with a Lightning connector) will not work to charge the FLIR ONE Pro iOS model.
Download and install the FLIR ONE app, which is available on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. When you start the FLIR ONE app, the first-time User Guide will help you get started with the FLIR ONE.
Press the power button on the bottom of the FLIR ONE to turn it on. The indicator light will turn orange. It will flash green when the device is ready. If needed, adjust the blue dial of the OneFit™ and extend the connector to the appropriate length to fit through your smartphone’s protective case. Connect the FLIR ONE to your smart phone and start the FLIR ONE app. You will be asked to create a user account with your email address and a password.
Check out the app’s Home screen to access your gallery, get the latest Tips & Tricks for using your FLIR ONE, share your photos and videos with the FLIR ONE community, and stay up to date with all the latest news and promotions from FLIR.
Tips & Tricks
Tap on the Features icon in the bottom right of the screen
Choose between 9 different color palettes
SPOT METERS AND REGIONS OF INTEREST (ROI)
- Tap on the Spot Meter icon in the top left corner to get a list of spot meters and ROIs. Add the number you want and click the icon again. Up to three spot meters, three square ROIs, and three circular ROIs can be displayed at one time.
- Tap and hold the Spot Meter to move it around the screen. Pinch to adjust the size of the ROIs, or tap and hold them to move them around the screen.
- Set a timer for 3 or 5 seconds
CHANGE CAMERA MODES
- Select Video, Photo or Time Lapse MSX®
- The image that displays in the app is a combination of a thermal image and a visible-light image through a unique process called FLIR MSX. The FLIR ONE Pro thermal camera can produce an image even in total darkness. When visible light is available, the FLIR ONE Pro visible-light camera is used to enhance the detail of the FLIR ONE Pro thermal camera.
- When looking at an image up close, or far away, you can adjust the MSX alignment for the object to align the thermal and visible-light images. Tap on the features button on the bottom right corner, tap MSX Distance, and adjust as needed.
Watch all the great how-to videos to help spot hidden problems around the house, outside, or with the car.