Make 4 payments of $11.50 over 8 weeks and get it now!
Warehouse Stock Levels
Enter your qty and post code to calculate
Medium-strength, general purpose gasketing product - excellent contamination tolerance. Ideal for use on casted iron, steel and aluminum flanges.
LOCTITE® 518 cures when confined in the absence of air between close-fitting metal surfaces. It is an anaerobic gasketing material designed for use on rigid iron, aluminum, and steel flanged mating surfaces. Fills gaps up to 0.25mm and forms a flexible, chemical-resistant seal that will not tear or decay. Parts disassemble easily, even after extended service. Typical applications include sealing close-fitting joints between rigid metal faces and flanges. It is also used as a formed-in-place gasket on rigid flanged connections, e.g. transmissions and motor housings. NEW: Henkel has recently improved the product formulation of LOCTITE® 518 providing:
- Higher strength on contaminated surfaces
- Better flexibility and improved adhesion
- Enhanced sealing capability
- Improved gap cure
- High performance on passive metals without an activator
- Semi-flexible, medium-strength anaerobic flange gasket
- For active and inactive rigid metal flanges
- Cures through minor surface contamination
- Adapts to flange surface irregularities and gaps up to 0.25 mm
- Gel-type consistency
- Seals instantly against low pressure
- Reduces inventory costs – no need for large inventory of cut gaskets
- Resists high pressure when fully cured
- No compression set or misaligned gaskets
- Easy to automate
- Reduces process costs – eliminates manual assembly of conventional gaskets
- NSF P1 Reg. No. 123758
|Cure Schedule Temperature (Step 1)||200|
|Cure Schedule Temperature Unit (Step 1)||°C|
|Fixture Time||25 min.|
|Fixture Time Temperature||25 °C|
|Full Cure Temperature||25 °C|
|Shelf Life Temperature||-40 °C|
|Specific Gravity Temperature||25 °C|
|Tensile Shear Strength||7.5 N/mm²|
|Viscosity||12000 mPa.s (cP) Brookfield|
|Viscosity Temperature||77 °F|
Free delivery applies to orders with a value over $100 (Including GST), however, some are excluded as follows:
- Orders with items that are deemed bulky, large or heavy. (EG: 20KG Oil Drum, Compressors, Welders, long drawer slides, etc…)
- Orders with items that are deemed as dangerous (Aerosol, Flammable products, etc...)
- Locations that are deemed as remote or rural by TNT or Australia Post. Your Shipping fee can be calculated on product pages and it will be charged at checkout.
For standard and express delivery, typically your order will get processed up to 3 business days before dispatch. In some instances, there can be a slight delay due to a high volume of orders. Once the parcel is in the courier's hands, it is out of our control. Parcels going from VIC to non-Metro for standard and express might take slightly longer. If you request something by a certain day, please contact us via E-mail or call before you place the order.
Pick up in Store:
Click and Collect is available Monday to Friday (8am to 5pm)
You will be contacted by the warehouse to inform you when your order is ready for collection. Your order will not be ready for collection until notified by our warehouse.
If you require an urgent pick up. Please contact us via email or phone so this can be arranged.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Revolution Industrial users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.