Make 4 payments of $12.50 over 8 weeks and get it now!
- 30 Day Returns
- Express Shipping Available
- Family Owned & Operated Business
- Tax Invoice & Tracking On All orders
- General industrial sealing and bonding applications requiring a flowable product.
- Particularly suitable for sealing assemblies with fine joints as well as cable entries and connectors, to ensure that they remain watertight
- Due to its good adhesion to other silicone rubbers, ideally suited for making field repairs on existing equipment where a part of an existing silicone encapsulant has been removed.
How to use:
All surfaces must be clean and dry. Degrease and wash off any Contaminants that could impair adhesion. Suitable solvents include isopropyl alcohol, acetone or methyl ethyl ketone.
Unprimed adhesion may be obtained on many substrates such as glass, metals and most common engineering plastics. Substrates to which good adhesion is normally not obtained include PTFE, polyethylene, polypropylene and related materials.
For maximum adhesion, the use of DOWSIL™ 1200 OS Primer is recommended. After solvent cleaning, a thin coat of DOWSIL 1200 OS Primer is applied by dipping, brushing or spraying. Allow primer to dry for 15 to 90 minutes at room temperature and a relative humidity of 50% or higher.
How to apply:
Apply DOWSIL™ 734 Flowable Sealant to the prepared surfaces in a uniform thickness of 0.25 to 0.75 mm. If the adhesive is to be used to bond two surfaces, apply it only to one surface and allow it to establish a uniform contact before putting the other surface in place. When placing the second, use enough pressure to spread the adhesive and displace any trapped air.
On exposure to moisture, the freshly applied material will "skin-over" in about 7 minutes at room temperature and 50% relative humidity. Any tooling should be completed before this skin forms.
|Brand||Dowsil (Formerly Dow Corning)|
- One-component adhesive/sealant
- Cures at room temperature when exposed to moisture in the air.
- Acetoxy cure system
- Flowable and self-levelling
- Easy to apply
- Cures to a tough, flexible rubber
- Fast tack-free time
- Good adhesion to many substrates
- Stable and flexible from -65°C (-85°F) to +180°C (+356°F).
- Excellent dielectric properties
- Complies with MIL-A-46106
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Revolution Industrial Australia users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.