Make 4 payments of $7.25 over 8 weeks and get it now!
- 30 Day Returns
- Express Shipping Available
- Family Owned & Operated Business
- Tax Invoice & Tracking On All orders
DOWSIL 1080 Oxime Sealant is a one-part neutral silicone sealant with paste-like consistency that cures to a tough, rubbery solid when exposed to moisture in the air.
It is especially recommended for corrosion sensitive materials where acid curing type of sealants cannot be used or curing odour may be objectionable.
DOWSIL 1080 Oxime Sealant has excellent resistance to weathering, vibration, moisture, ozone and extreme temperatures
- As a formed in place gasket for general industrial sealing and bonding applications
- For sealing dissimilar metals and corrosion sensitive surfaces like chrome, copper, steel
- For general sealing of glass to metal, access doors
- As for caulking joints in ducts, cement surfaces and metal pipes
All surfaces must be clean and dry. Degrease and wash off any contaminants that could impair adhesion. Suitable solvents include isopropyl alcohol, acetone and methyl ethyl ketone.
Apply DOWSIL 1080 Oxime Sealant to one of the prepared surfaces then quickly cover with another substrate to be bonded. On exposure to moisture, the freshly applied material will “skin over”. Any tooling should be completed before this skin forms. The surface is easily tooled with a spatula.
|Brand||Dowsil (Formerly Dow Corning)|
- One component adhesive silicone sealant
- Cures at room temperature when exposed to moisture
- Neutral cure (oxime cure system)
- Non-sag, paste consistency
- Cures to a tough, flexible rubber
- Temperature range from -40°C to 150°C
- Good adhesion to many substrates
- Available in white, black or translucent
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Revolution Industrial Australia users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.